Goto Comments Goto Comments End
Five category winners will be selected, one for each category. The winning entry and runners-up will be published in the March 2013 Photographing the West issue of Cowboys & Indians. The winners of the five categories will each receive $500.
In addition, one entry will be selected as the overall winner and one entry will be selected as the cover image. The overall contest winner and cover image winner will each receive $1,000.
TOTAL ARV: $4,500.
All images or videos must have been shot by the entrant on or after January 1, 2010.
Submit no more than one photograph per category.
The five contest categories are drawn from subjects of special interest to Cowboys & Indians:
• Portrait: Photographs of cowboys or Indians as individuals or groups.
• Landscape: Photographs of plants and landscapes, including geological or climatological features located west of the Mississippi.
• Wildlife: Photographs of animals indigenous to North America that inhabit areas west of the Mississippi.
• Action: Photographs of individuals participating in activities west of the Mississippi or traditional cowboy or Native American/First Nations activities taking place around the world.
• Equine: Photographs of horses.
Review and Additional Information
Images must be submitted electronically in JPEG format, no larger than 10 MB in size. Images must be 300 dpi or greater and at least 3 x 5 inches in size. Images selected for the cover must be at least 10 x 12 inches in size.
For any image or video in which a person is recognizable, you must provide a signed model release from the subject or, in the case of a minor, from the subject’s parent or guardian.
The entrant warrants that he or she is the sole creator and owner of the image or video and holds the complete and undivided copyright interest, and that publication will not violate any law or infringe upon the proprietary rights of any other institution or individual. The entrant warrants that he or she has the unimpaired right to grant Cowboys & Indians publication rights. The entrant further warrants that the image or video has not been previously published and is not pending publication.
You must be logged in to view comments:
Click here to Login.